Back Pain – Ayurveda Treatment at Dheemahi
Back pain is the most common physical discomfort that occurs anywhere on the spine or back. It is a complex region in which your lumbar spine is connected with your vertebral discs, spinal cord and nerves, lower back muscles, and different internal organs.
There can be multiple reasons for back pain. It Can be due to any underlying injury, excessive activity, medical conditions or may be due to age. In all these, the most important reasons for back pain are degenerative disc diseases or occupational stress.
In Ayurveda, back pain is correlated to Kati Graham. This can be due to muscle spasm, disc prolapse in between vertebrae, injuries, fractures, sciatica, ruptured disc, arthritis, scoliosis, osteoporosis, kidney problems, Ankylosing spondylosis, etc.
Back Pain Causes according to Ayurveda
A Keen and thorough diagnosis is necessary for the cure of your back pain. Since it is due to numerous conditions ruling out the exact reason for your back pain is the initial step towards its treatment. The most important causes of back pain are
- Ruptured disc: There is a disc that acts as a shock absorber between each vertebra. When this disc ruptures, a pressure built between vertebrae, results in nerve compression and back pain.
- Bulging disc: The disc in between vertebrae gets bulged, resulting in pressure buildup on your nerves, causing compression on it. This results in back pain.
- Arthritis: It is one of the most common reasons for back pain. Osteoarthritis can occur in different joints in your body. If it happens in your back or hip joint, you may experience back pain. Sometimes space around the spinal cord gets narrow, resulting in spinal stenosis.
- Scoliosis: It is the abnormal curvature of the spine which results in back pain
- Sciatica: When a Bulging or herniated disc pressing a nerve, there causes a sharp shooting pain that starts from the buttocks and passes to the back of the legs.
- Osteoporosis: Which is the leading cause of compression fracture due to brittle and Porous bones.
- Strain-induced: Due to excessive tension, strain or injury resulting in muscle spasm, strained ligaments, injuries and fractures.
- Infections: Infections and inflammation of internal organs like a bladder or kidney precipitate back pain. Infection of the spine is also a cause of pain in your back region.
- Sleep disorders: Individuals who are having sleep disorders are more prone to back pain
- Other reasons: Severe diseases like cancer in the spine also cause back pain.
Some factors that trigger the pain are occupational activities, poor physical fitness, age, obesity, improper and strenuous physical exercise or work, genetic factors, pregnancy, sedentary Lifestyle.
Back Pain Ayurvedic Treatment
The best approach we took at dheemahi is finding the reason behind your back pain. For that, our expert panel of doctors give you enough guidance. Once we find the cause and causative factor for your back pain, we stick to ayurvedic scriptures for the treatment.
For the cure of Vata vyadhi, we initially try to find the AMA AVASTHA (the undigested waste in your body). For proper cure, DEEPANA and PACHANA medicines are selected for you. Intaking these will help you to regain your digestive fire and all metabolic processes in your body.
Back pain, in general, is correlated with VATA VYADHI in Ayurveda. We start our treatment with snehana therapy (therapy with oils); based on the severity of your disease, we choose internal or external oil therapy for your condition. For internal snehana therapy, you need proper guidance and around-the-clock observation from our experts. We at dheemahi provide in-house treatments for your diseases. It took up to 7 days for the completion of oil therapy.
The subsequent treatment for Vata vyadhi is SWEDANA THERAPY (steaming therapy). We chose suitable swedana therapy for your back pain.
There are different SHODHANA THERAPY(elimination treatments). VAMANA( therapeutic emesis) and virechana ( therapeutic purgation). The next type of treatment that is considered as half of your medicine is vasthi( medicated enema). There are two types of vasthi’s, KASHAYA VASTHI and SNEHA VASTHI. With proper consultation, our expert panel decides the type of vasthi u needs. All these panchakarma treatments need at least 21 days for its incorporation and effective administration. Dheemahi provides you with the wisdom of generations in this field and a suitable environment for your cure.
Internal medications which are unique to Ayurveda with effective herbal medicines provide a better cure for back pain. Ayurveda has this unique combination of medications that you can intake without any complications.
To arrest the reappearance of this disease, intake of RASAYANA ( rejuvenating medicines) will be effective. Condition of your diseases and your digestive fire’s capacity will help us choose the Rasayana therapy you need.
Cure prospect for Back Pain
Cure for your back pain depends more on your disease status. Severity in pain, AMA, BALA ( strength) of the patient all are determining factors for the cure. With proper and subtle diagnosis and treatment, your back pain can be managed effectively.
Ready to Make a
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Private Limited, Near Neelimangalam Bridge, Kumaranaloor, Perumbaikad.P.O, Kottayam, Kerala, India, Pin 686016
Call Us Anytime: +91 80 4717 2727