Knee Joint Pain – Ayurveda Treatment at Dheemahi
Knee joint pain can happen to people of any age. There can be numerous knee joint pain which starts from rupture of ligaments or inflammation on knee joint or it can be due to any underlying diseases like gout or arthritis. Around 19% of the population experience knee joint pain once in their life.
Knee joint, one of the largest joints in the body, consists of two joints. One between femur and tibia (tibiofemoral joint) and other between femur and patella (patellofemoral joint). it is a hinge joint with mainly two types of movement are possible ie. flexion and extension. Some amount of internal and external rotation is possible with the knee joint.
In ayurveda knee joint is termed as JANU SANDHI. It is one of the important vital points among the 107 marmas. Any trauma to janu sandhi may lead to pain or dysfunction. Common causes for knee joint pain according to Ayurveda are VATARAKTA ( gouty arthritis/Rheumatoid arthritis), AMAVATA (Rheumatic fever), SANDHIGATA VATA (OSTEOARTHRITIS).
Knee Joint Pain Causes according to Ayurveda
Common reasons for joint pain include:
- Sprained knee ligaments or muscles: it can cause people who play sports like basketball or football. ACL injury or anterior cruciate ligament is considered as one of the most common ligament injuries in the knee joint.
- Fractures: due to any fall or trauma bones in the knee may get fractured. It can be the cause of your knee joint pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendons are thick fibrous tissues that attach muscles to bones. An irritation or inflammation on these tissues causes knee joint pain.
- Knee bursitis: Small sacs of fluid called bursae which are present outside your knee joint that helps in smooth gliding movement of muscles and tendons over the joint. When there is an inflammation or infection occurs to these bursae it leads to knee joint pain.
- Hip or foot pain: pain on your hip or foot causes a shift in your gait, this may lead to increased stress on your knee joint while walking, etc.
- Dislocated kneecap: when the patella, the triangular bone that covers the front of your knee when it slips outside it leads to knee joint pain.
- Osteoarthritis: A wear and tear condition that occurs when the cartilage in your knee deteriorates with use and age.
- Gout: Increased uric acid build-ups in the joints cause Gout. In some people, the knee joint also gets affected causing pain.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: it is an autoimmune disease of all joints including the knee joint.
These are some of the reasons for your knee joint pain. Main risk factors that trigger knee problems include excess body weight, certain occupations, and sports, lack of muscle flexibility or strength, previous injuries, your age, not taking small aches and pains that start from the lower back seriously, and taking timely treatment, etc.
Knee Joint Pain Treatment at Dheemahi
Treatment is decided after proper diagnosis and the extent of the condition. Even though a joint-centric problem the root causes will be lying deep from the digestive system. So the first step will be correcting Agni the digestive fire so that we can do the regenerative therapies without any problem.
As with different causes, different approaches are taken in Ayurveda. Panchakarma treatment is considered one of the best approaches for knee joint pain.
Janu Vasti is considered one of the most effective ways for your knee joint pain. In janu Vasthi medicated oil is carefully poured and kept in your knee joint area, for a period. This will help in relieving pain and initiating your recovery.
Upanaha is a type of bandage with medicated herbs, this will promote rejuvenating effects along with pain relief.
At dheemahi we also care for your follow-up. Recurrence of knee joint pain can be effectively managed with proper food and lifestyle adoption. Our expert panel of doctors will provide you the necessary guidance.
Cure prospect for Knee Joint Pain
Treatment of knee joint pain in Ayurveda focused on rejuvenation, regrowth, and sometimes arresting the further progress of the disease. For the effective cure for your knee joint pain, there need at least 21 days of in-house treatment. Treatment of knee joint pain will be effective only when there is complete cooperation from the patient side with proper rest and diet modifications during the course of treatment. Aftercare medication after in-house treatment is unavoidable for knee joint pain relief.
Ready to Make a
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Private Limited, Near Neelimangalam Bridge, Kumaranaloor, Perumbaikad.P.O, Kottayam, Kerala, India, Pin 686016
Call Us Anytime: +91 80 4717 2727