Ayurvedic Diet and Lifestyle Changes to Cure PCOS
Dr.Ajay Krishna P B.A.M.S
Ayurveda believes that a balanced diet should include six different tastes (Rasa) they are sweet, sour, salty, astringent, bitter, and pungent. Each of these tastes helps our body in different ways by providing nourishment.
Ayurveda believes that body is an outcome of the food. Acharya Sushruta, an important figure in Ayurveda, explained that food which makes our heart healthy, improve our memory, make us stronger, help digestion, and even increase our lifespan.
During treatment, Ayurveda recommends specific diets that are important in preventing and managing diseases. “Pathya Ahara” means eating foods that are good for our body tissues, helps in growth and development then control the vitiated condition. On the other hand, “Apathya Ahara” means foods that are not good for our health.
Pathya Ahara – Diet that should you take in PCOS
- Include Green leafy vegetables
- Vegetables like Beetroot , Carrot , Sweet potato , Cucumber , Coriander , Cauliflower, Broccoli etc.
- Fruits like Papaya , Avocado , Kiwi , Apple , Strawberry , Grapes etc.
- Cow’s Ghee.
- Almonds, walnuts, beans, nuts, pecans, flax seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Apathya Ahara – Diet Should not take in PCOS
- Avoid Sugar and Sugar items like Sweets, Pastries , Ice – Cream , Jam etc.
- Reduce Salt intake.
- Avoid Milk and Milk Products.
- Avoid Juck foods.
- Avoid over use of Contraceptive Pills [without doctor Prescription].
When we came to Lifestyle , Change in our daily lifestyle is also one of the reason for causing PCOS
Implementing specific lifestyle adjustments can offer substantial benefits in effectively managing Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
- Follow proper exercise
- Proper Sleep
- Reduce Stress
Recommended Yoga Asanas for Females With PCOS
Along with internal medication and external treatment Yoga has Key role in reducing the Symptoms of pcod Yoga can impact how our body produces and releases hormones through the endocrine system. This is especially good for women with PCOS, as it can help bring back a balanced hormone level. Also, yoga can make us less stressed by turning on the “rest and digest” mode in our body through the parasympathetic nervous system. When we’re less stressed, our body makes less of a hormone called cortisol, which can make PCOD symptoms worse.
- Improving Insuline resistance
- Promote weight loss
Certain yoga poses can be really helpful, but it’s important to learn them from a qualified teacher. Here are some poses that people often find beneficial:
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand): This pose can improve blood circulation and digestion.
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose) : It might stimulate the glands that control hormones. It could also help with managing menstrual pain and reducing stress.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half lord of Fish Pose ) : This pose could lead to better sleep and less stress. It might also help manage feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend) : This pose could ease menopausal and menstrual discomfort. It may also stimulate the ovaries and uterus.
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations) : Doing these regularly can help ensure a regular menstrual cycle, lower stress, improve sleep, and keep your digestive system working well.
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose) : This pose might ease menstrual discomfort and improve digestion.
Remember, it’s a good idea to have a knowledgeable instructor guide you in doing these poses correctly.
Get a free online medical consultation with an expert doctor, before booking
The unique approach involves a series of discussion during your initial decision-making process to make sure that we will be able to match your expectations with our treatment. Based on the discussions with you our team of expert doctors will design the best treatment package personalized for your needs.
How our booking process works
Fill our Medical Questionnaire, after that we will get back to you via email/phone.
Discussion with Doctor
Discuss your health condition and expectations with our doctor.
Confirm the booking by making a payment of 50% advance.
Dheemahi Ayurveda centre is recognized by Government of Kerala
The medicines we use comes from our own GMP certified herbal pharmacy.
One of the best ayurvedic hospital in kerala for classical panchakarma treatment
Daily yoga sessions of an expert yoga guru
All our attendants and therapists are certified as well as given in-house training by our Doctors to learn our way of therapies
In-house kitchen team serves the best authentic, healthy and fresh ayurvedic food
We offer you the best ayurvedic wellness centre experience
In house training sessions led by doctors on ayurveda lifestyle
Ready to Make a
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Village, Kumarakom, Kottayam, Kerala, India, Pin 6860000
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Centre, Near Neelimangalam Bridge, Kumaranaloor, Perumbaikad.P.O, Kottayam, Kerala, India, Pin 686016
Call Us Anytime: +91 80 4717 2727
Read more about us
Ayurvedic Pregnancy Care Treatment in Kerala
Best PCOD Ayurvedic Treatment in Kerala
Best Ayurvedic Infertility Treatment in Kerala
Best Ayurvedic Diabetes Treatment in Kerala
Best Ayurvedic Psoriasis Treatment in Kerala
Best Ayurvedic Obesity Treatment In Kerala